Thursday, February 18, 2010

Seattle/Portland Bound

WARNING! Heavy post ahead.

Day 1


The BF & I started off early and headed to downtown Seattle to rest again before continuing into Portland.


scarf: TNA, dress pants: Zara, purse: Foley + Corrina

First stop: downtown Seattle. We visited the Nordstrom Rack in the area just out of curiosity (we wanted to save our splurges for Portland and take advantage of the tax-free shopping there). Lo and behold, I find a pair of Jimmy Choo patent leather, star-studded flats on sale for $99! I couldn't believe it, as I was contemplating purchasing the things for regular price ($475) at Holt Renfrew this past fall!


Moving on...




We continue our trek and finally (3 hours later) reach downtown Portland!



Our hotel: The Governor.

Day 2

sunglasses: Ray Ban, cardigan: Zara, knee-high riding boots: thrift

Another spring day in February. Downtown Portland, though small, is really a beautiful place. Our accommodations, the food, and even the parking was unbelievably cheap. No complaints at all.

I Pine State Biscuits




We decided to have breakfast at Pine State Biscuits -- a TINY breakfast spot in Portland serving specialty biscuits as well as other southern inspired eats. We saw this place on Guy's Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives on the Food Network a week before our trip, and made it a must to visit while we were there. I ordered the (measly) egg & cheese biscuit, while my BF ordered the famous Reggie with an egg, cheese, bacon, a piece of fried chicken, topped with gravy. So worth it!

Day 3

leopard cardigan & fringe flats: Zara, jeggings: True Religion, bag: Louis Vuitton

Back on the road again. We say goodbye to our hotel and make our way back to Vancouver. That's not to say we didn't make any pit stops on the way -- 2 more Nordstrom Racks in fact, and my personal must-go when I'm in The States: Taco Bell.

An early birthday present to myself.

YES! It is the Valentino Amour Noued satin clutch. I was breathless when I found it at the last Nordstrom Rack we visited before returning home, and I couldn't believe the price: $395 + an additional 50% off! Its original retail price: $1095 USD...

Def worth the trip.