Friday, March 5, 2010

black is best





vest: JNBY, jeans: Nudie, oversized tote: American Apparel, shoes: thrift 

It's been a while... I've been stuck in school/work mode oblivion. Only today was I able to indulge and feel like myself again. Vogue over food? I think so. 

This half dressy vest, half puffy vest was a LOVE purchase from JNBY. I remember seeing it when their Metrotown store first opened, and thinking I that I had to have it. The story behind my 14K lion head ring, is that my dad started rocking it. I loved it and wanted one of my own, and that day came on my 20th. 

Also, I bought THE leather jacket this week and no, it wasn't a Mackage. Don't get me wrong, I've always liked what Mackage has come up with, just never loved any of them on me. The jacket I bought is by Line, and it has the beautiful oversized collar resembling the drool-worthy Helmut Lang trademark: 
A different version:

This one is actually by Grais (photo courtesy best thing today.), but it looks exactly like the one I purchased, except in black. Ahh! I can't wait to wear it out! 

Lastly, today was the day I took advantage of my staff discount at Aritzia. I leave the store with both a bittersweet experience, and an amazing pair of leather leggings for half off. That pretty much explains the bittersweetness of that job...