Friday, March 12, 2010

ITCHING TO DYE



Meet my lovely Balenciaga '07 Ivory First. She's a cream/bone coloured beauty with absolutely NOTHING wrong with her -- except, that she isn't getting out a lot. I really want to get more use out of this item, as it's such a beautiful purse. The leather is soft and supple, and that's probably what's making me hesitate the most. After I dye this baby, there's no going back...

I've had a lot success with dyeing a Work black (see featured posts!), and the leather is still going strong. This time, however, I want to dye it a vibrant color, which I think is a bit more riskier as penetrating dyes in colours other than black and brown are seriously hard to come by. I'm leaning more towards an electric blue, but with all the choices that Tarrago dyes has to offer, I'm lost!



I'm thinking that the color named 'Daphne' should yield the results I'm hoping for...


I DIE. This blue is too much for me to handle. If my end-result even resembled this blue in the slightest, I would be more than happy.

Stay tuned!